What to expect at your first visit?
On your first visit, you will meet your personal licensed physical therapist, who will kindly discuss your situation. Be prepared to talk briefly about when you began feeling pain, how the injury happened along with your general health and past surgeries.
Before starting physical therapy, it is important for us to know your medical history, previous injuries and current pain. Please fill out the physical therapy forms and bring them with you to your first physical therapy appointment. Your therapist will then conduct a comprehensive PT evaluation to identify the diagnosis and plan to move forward.
After the initial evaluation, based on your diagnosis and your personal goals, your Advanced Kinetics therapist will develop a personalized treatment plan to bring you back to health.
Be prepared for homework. Once treatment is underway, your therapist will provide you at home exercises “homework” that you’ll need to do on you own. The at-home exercise program is a key attribute to a speedy recovery.
How frequently will I attend physical therapy?
Most physician referrals or prescriptions have treatment scheduled for 2-3 visits per week. Your time commitment to physical therapy will vary based on diagnosis, severity, etc. Your physical therapist will provide you a better idea on how long each visit will take at the evaluation visit so you can plan accordingly. It’s important to speak with your physical therapist and outline a treatment plan that is convenient but effective. The typical treatment plan usually last 6-12 weeks as well.
What do I bring to my visit?
In order for us to provide the best care for you, it is very important that you bring the following items to your visit:
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to you scheduled appointment to check in, this is especially important if you have not completed the necessary new patient paperwork prior to your first visit.
- Bring your current and active insurance card and photo ID
- Bring the physical therapy prescription or referral (referral from PCP if required by Insurance)
- Complete list of medications, diagnostic tests and films (MRI’s, X-rays), etc.
- Any information about past treatments, medications, or medical records from prior providers that you think may be important
- Bring or wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing and a pair of rubber soled sneakers
Advanced Kinetics participates with a variety of insurance plans but some of our services are not covered by insurance. All payments are due at the time of service and we understand payment is always a concern.
Please check with your Insurance provider regarding your benefits, whether in or out of network. Advacned Kinetics will file your insurance paperwork as a valued added service, but it is ultimately the patients responsibility to know his/her plan. As always our our dedicated and trained administrative team is available to help understand insurance benefits and to address any questions, comments and concerns.